Installation of required RPMs:
- Automatic Process
All necessary prerequisites will be performed automatically. It is probably worth doing a full update as well. The simple "yum update" command will set the oracle recommended values to sysctl.conf and limit.conf files.
- Manual Process
Add the following lines to the "/etc/sysctl.conf" file.
Add the following lines to the "/etc/security/limits.conf" file.
Install the following packages if they are not already present.
# From Public Yum or ULN
Installation Of Database Software
ü Unzipping of above Zip files will create a database directory under the software location folder.
ü Make sure sufficient Temp size and Swap Memory is available.
ü Execute the runInstaller file as an ORACLE user.
After executing the runInstaller, It will prompt for continue with the installation. Please proceed with option ‘Y’
Step 1: Configure Security updates
- Dis-select the security update checkbox and click NEXT.
Click yes and proceed to next step.
Step 2: Software Updates.
- Select Skip Software Updates and proceed to next step.
Step 3: Installation Option
- If you want to create the database along with the installation select the first option.
- If you want to just install the database software alone, select the second option.
- If you want to upgrade an existing database proceed with third option.
Click Next and proceed Further.
Step 4: System Class
- Select server class and proceed to next step
Step 5: Grid Installation Options
- Please select the option depends on your requirement and proceed further.
Step 6: Install Type
- Select Typical Install and proceed to next step.
Step 7: Typical Installation
- Fill the details and proceed further
Step 8: Create Inventory
- Simply Click Next and Proceed
Step 9: Prerequisite Check
- Please wait until completion of prerequisite check and click next.
Step 10: Ignore the SWAP related warning and proceed further.
Step 11: Summary
- Before Installation of DB software, please go through all the option and click edit if you want to change any settings else click INSTALL button to proceed installation.
Step 12: Install Product
- Run the root.sh files as a root user.
Installation of Database.
- If you click on Password Management you will manage the default user accounts.
Step 13 : Install Product.
- Installation of DB is complete by clicking the next.
Post Installation Configuration Steps.
Set the values in .bash_profile
Listener Configuration: $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/listener.ora
TNS Configuration: $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/tnsnames.ora
Working with 12c:
ü User Creation
ü Here is the syntax for user Creation
ü Query to check the DB Details.
ü Query to check the DB Details from v$PDBS
ü Query to check the Datafile Details from cdb_data_files
ü Here are some queries with new Data Dictionary Views.